Transforming Our Communities Through Service
Established in 1985, the Shelby County (TN) Chapter of The Links, Incorporated, is comprised of visionary leaders and gifted volunteers who give their time, talents and resources to help strengthen and enrich Memphis and Shelby County communities. Through the major focus areas, these exceptional women have continued to achieve outstanding results through service programs that address our communities’ most pressing needs. The organization has consistently worked to improve the lives of women and children through education, cultural enrichment, and economic development.
The Links, Incorporated is one of the nation’s oldest and &n bps; largest nonprofit volunteer service organizations. Established in 1946, the group is comprised of 12,000 professional women of color in 274 chapters located in 42 states,the District of Columbia,and the Commonwealth of the Bahamas. The Links, Incorporated has attracted many distinguished women who are individual achievers and have made a difference in their communities and the world. They are business and civic leaders, role models, mentors, and volunteers who work toward a common vision by engaging like-minded organizations and individuals for partnership. With more than two million service hours recorded in the past three years, members regularly contribute more than 500,000 documented service hours in their respective communities annually.